April 28, 2012

Big Boss Hell's Belle

I was very pleased to discover, on a recent trip to Tryon, NC, that the local IGA carries Big Boss (@bigbossbeer), among several other great craft brews. Big Boss only distributes from Raleigh west, and only in North Carolina, so it is good to know that the distribution area includes at least one city that's an easy drive from upstate South Carolina. Keep it coming, Big Boss.

Now, about some beer- I picked up a sixer of Hell's Belle, an easy-drankin' Belgian-style ale. It's light on carbonation, but has a great body, and features both Belgian yeast and malt. I'm not up on my Belgian malts, but I will check on it. Hell's Belle is 7% ABV, and to be so light, it still has punch. A great inclusion in any ice chest as you head to the lake this spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment