March 26, 2012

Flying Saucer - Columbia

I mentioned that, since World of Beer didn't really blow my skirt up, I would give Flying Saucer a go. The location in Columbia is located on Senate Street, and is convenient to 126 if you want to get in and out of downtown quickly. It's a great looking beer bar:

 

There are dozens of taps, and many, many bottled beers. Also, every Sunday is Carolina Day, and every pint of North Carolina and South Carolina brewed beer is just $3. Warms my heart.

On my recent Sunday visit, I went for the Highland Oatmeal Porter (@highlandbrews), always an excellent choice.

Though this is BeerSouth, I still like to try new things. Green Flash Brewing (@greenflashbrew) just recently entered South Carolina, bringing all manner of yum stuff along. At Flying Saucer, I tried the Double Stout, which came in this nifty Green Flash glass. The food is nothing to sneeze at, either:

 

I give you the Bratzel - a homemade pretzel, covered with Swiss cheese and sliced bratwurst. It's in the appetizer section, but it's a meal in itself, and I commend it to you.

More posts from Flying Saucer are coming, and it is fast becoming my regular pit stop on my weekly Greenville-to-Brunswick run.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment