March 26, 2012

Mini review - Big Boss Big Operator

Big Boss (@bigbossbeer) is a Raleigh brewery that produces very well-reviewed beers. Unfortunately, Big Boss is not yet available in South Carolina (that I'm aware of, anyway). I recently found myself in Charlotte, and paid a visit to the Flying Saucer location near UNCC. I was pleased to find Big Boss Big Operator on tap, and I took full advantage.

 

Big Operator is a Belgian black ale, brewed with cacao and aged with raspberries. It comes in at 8% ABV. This ain't no Purple Haze, though - it would be an excellent black without the raspberries. I found the fruit to more impart a pleasing aroma than any sweetness to the taste of the beer. All in all, a fantastic find. It's only available seasonally ( Big Boss' website says kegs only, January and February only), so move fast.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment